Pineapplepies's Content

There have been 132 items by Pineapplepies (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#348913 [IL] S.C.S.N.W. presents... The Fall of Foam

Posted by Pineapplepies on 30 September 2015 - 11:51 AM in Nerf Wars

I am thinking of attending, and was wondering if you would allow the black body grey tip "accurate" darts and some red body solid plastic tip nerf bullets. I would also like to say that these bullets are not homemade, but the red body plastic tip bullets have a hard tip to them.

#348929 Chunlin Darts on Amazon, similar to Xplorer darts

Posted by Pineapplepies on 02 October 2015 - 11:53 AM in Darts and Barrels

I have tried them already, and I used them with a slightly modded Demolisher and they seem to hate flywheels and don't really feed them, but are very accurate in blasters like the Firestrike and non-flywheel clip fed blasters.
Edit:Seems like racer was right, they do work in flywheels. I tried the darts in my Stryfe and they worked, but not in the Demoliser though.

#348994 Need some info about these darts

Posted by Pineapplepies on 08 October 2015 - 10:06 AM in Darts and Barrels

Just received my glow darts from vwillshop777. They seems to be a good quality and compatible with elites. They do NOT have a hole in the tip either. The tip feels as if it is pure rubber. I may dissect one and post it here if people are interested.

Do you know if they hurt as much as the hard plastic tip darts? I have some solid plastic ones and need solid rubber darts that don't hurt as much.

#349097 [IL] Halloween Hangover - Chicago!

Posted by Pineapplepies on 14 October 2015 - 01:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I am wondering, when you said stock ammo do you mean no fvjs and only elites, or would you allow fvjs and those chunlin "accurate" darts.(I will just bring them if I don't get a response)

#349117 RSCB and Koosh Darts?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 15 October 2015 - 01:06 PM in Darts and Barrels

So I searched around and couldn't find anything about this. Some dude on Reddit told me there would be problems. I didn't understand what he meant so if someone could tell me what would happen, it would be nice.

You could always cut down elite darts, since I belive the rubber tips would feed well, but correct me if I am wrong please.

#349192 Why is this wiki so strict?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 19 October 2015 - 12:11 PM in Site Feedback

I don't know if this has been asked, but I want to know why this wiki is so strict on posting, trading, and in general? Along with that, why is there a post limit, couldn't you just simply have a spam cooldown where it would stop you from spamming? Please give your input if you agree that this wiki is a little strict, and I would like to put out there if I end up being banned for this post, you are just proving my point. (Also please tell me if I am doing anything wrong)

#349223 Nerf RouchCut 2x4

Posted by Pineapplepies on 21 October 2015 - 01:21 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hello,

As anyone who owns a roughcut knows, the darts in the barrel are constantly popping out, so my question is, does anyone know any good ideas about how to fix this?

Any suggestion is welcomed :)

I have heard that happening before as a result of the AR springs, which is why the instructions say don't store darts in the gun. I would suggest either try new darts or find new AR springs if they exist.

#349232 ZombieStrike Stormfire Plunger Replacement

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 October 2015 - 12:11 PM in Modifications

Looks pretty neat, although you could use a pvc tee, small piece of pvc and a end cap to make a handle if you want to make it like a rifle.

#349236 How can I rebuild my Deploy CS-6?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 October 2015 - 03:28 PM in Modifications

How can I rebuild my Deploy CS-6? I modded it but can't rebuild it. I alredy searched and can't find anything. I have get out all pieces like in here. I need a step by step instruction, but a video would be perfect. Can someone please help me?

How did you mod it, spring mod, or did you take everything out like the picture? Along with that, why did you want to mod a deploy in the first place?!?!

#349315 New Worker flywheels on ebay!?!?!

Posted by Pineapplepies on 26 October 2015 - 07:39 AM in General Nerf

I recently was looking on ebay and found some new worker brand product, including flywheels that look like the ones that Coop and Bobololo have reviewed and put in the metal flywheel cage. Link
So has anyone tried these or know if they are worth to buy, since they look like they may have more traction to them than regular flywheels.

#349331 Barrel Length for Air Blasters

Posted by Pineapplepies on 27 October 2015 - 07:44 AM in Darts and Barrels

It matters what tank. If its a mid volume one like a at3k/2k then 12in of airgun fit. If its a larger volume blaster like a big blast it will need 16-20 depending on dart fit. Some air guns like the sm1500 have a faster air release, which means you should tighten up your barrel so its atleast a push fit. This is mostly just my opinion, from what ive read and seen from videos, but i may be wrong and if i am please correct me below.

What if I have a titan and am using cpvc from Lowes for barrel material? I currently have around a 10 inch barrel and am wondering if I should add 6 inches of cpvc or more.

#349341 [IL] Halloween Hangover - Chicago!

Posted by Pineapplepies on 28 October 2015 - 07:45 AM in Nerf Wars

So is that a yes or no to China darts?

I think what Snake is saying is bring the China darts and check them in with him to see if we can use them or not. I personally am using them for my Titan(Chunlin darts, which are way softer than FVJ's) and FVJ's for my modded Demolisher and stock Wildfire.

#349356 Second new worker thing that I have found on ebay

Posted by Pineapplepies on 29 October 2015 - 03:41 PM in General Nerf

So I was browsing ebay again since why not, and stumbled upon yet another worker thing that looks promising. Link
Reason why I bring this up is because I am wondering if this should be bought, since this could possibly make re-barreling a mega gun very easy and would be a very good for a noob at modding.

#349569 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 November 2015 - 03:28 PM in Modifications

So I have those protected trust fires from Amazon, and have been running them in my Demolisher with regular aa battery's. So I am in a war and my I try to rev up the gun and but instead of working it starts to increase in sound then weakens in power untill it stops(how it sounds:vvvrrrroooooMMMMMvvvvvvv) Does anyone know what is wrong, I need it soon for another war so please respond as soon as possible.

#349574 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 November 2015 - 06:07 PM in Modifications

Yes, I am, and before anyone says anything it should be fine to do this, since I have used it a lot and nothing has happened.

#349575 Second new worker thing that I have found on ebay

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 November 2015 - 06:09 PM in General Nerf

Bobololo has a review of the cyclone shock set on eBay and walcom27 has the rotofury set reviewed as well. Might help you make a decision.

Thank you for telling me, those videos are great but still didn't answer the one thing both of them forgot to test. That thing is if it works better with Fvjs and those accurate darts, thank you anyway though.

#349577 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 November 2015 - 06:14 PM in Modifications

If you think that may be it, then I have ordered dummy batteries and the problem may be solved. If anyone has any idea if the trust fires with regular batteries may be it, then tell me please.

#349808 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 03 December 2015 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

Have you tried running the gun with regular batteries since then its possible you burned out the motors its a problem that eventually occurs when you overvolt them.

Yes I have, it is not broken, it seems some of the batteries are.

#349809 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 03 December 2015 - 02:41 PM in Modifications

I won't repeat what others have said about mixing chemistries, but I am going to ask:

Is the demolisher stock?  You may be tripping the PPTC (thermistor) in the blaster if you didn't remove it.

It is completely stock, nothing done to it except the batteries have been changed. It also has only 2 trustfires, and 2 alkalines, since the PPTC was tripping with three trustfires and one dummy.

#349827 Using Gen 3 Koosh darts in a Rapidstrike

Posted by Pineapplepies on 04 December 2015 - 12:48 PM in Darts and Barrels

Anyone use 3rd generation Koosh darts in a Rapidstrike? I noticed every 6 or so shot out of the my Rapidstrike tend to twirl, spin out, or helicopter.

Anyone else observe this and if so, do you know what the cause is and how to fix it? I wonder if removing the skirt might help?

There is a way to remove the skirt, and although it may not help, I would still do this anyway since removing the skirt lowers the chance jamming by a lot. What you need to do is open up the jam door without a clip in(make sure there is no way the flywheels can activate) and stick you finger in the part where the darts enter into the flywheels. Then bend your finger down and around and then yank it out. If it does not work try getting at it in a different way or use really long needle nose pliers

#349830 Using Gen 3 Koosh darts in a Rapidstrike

Posted by Pineapplepies on 04 December 2015 - 02:33 PM in Darts and Barrels

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking into transitioning to using a Stryfe, but I will probably remove the skirt to see if that fixes the problem. I question whether it will, because I understand that skirt helps center the dart before going through the flywheels and I imagine the spinning out is due to some darts existing the flywheels off center (just a theory).

Also, I never have jamming issues (although I'm just running 6 NiMH cells).

I didn't know that the skirt did that, since it didn't do anything wrong to my freind's Demolisher when I took off the skirt because would not stop jamming.

#349866 Barricade will not power on out of box.

Posted by Pineapplepies on 06 December 2015 - 10:41 PM in General Nerf

Hey, I've found no help this far. I bought my son one of these. he is not strong enough to prime or pump  anything else so far. I pulled it out and decided to try it before wrapping it for Christmas. After switching it on 3 times and empty out the darts each time, it will no longer power on. Every soldering point looks intact. Batteries were RAYOVAC brand new. In typing this I realize I could go buy better batteries. Still any feedback  would be so much appreciated!!

Thank you very much
-Adam

Not sure if it is too late, but I would think you may want to try and see if the switch feels like it is stuck. If it is and that is the problem, then try pulling the trigger all the way. To my knowledge, both the Stockage and the Barricade will jam like that from time to time since the pusher arm will get stuck.

#349905 Second new worker thing that I have found on ebay

Posted by Pineapplepies on 08 December 2015 - 12:28 PM in General Nerf

If you don't care about being shamed by the nerf modder masterrace i think it is a definitely good purchase.   

People can call me a newB for this but who cares: I bought the rebarreling kit from worker and pushed them into a cycloneshock, BOOM! instant gratification my cycloneshock now shoots koosh darts as accurately and as far as most modified springers and the "mod" only took about 16 seconds.  

Thank you, that answers my question about knock off darts. I just had that feeling during bobololo's review that the horrible accuracy was due to the flaw in elites, and sure enough I was correct!

#349922 Chunlin Darts on Amazon, similar to Xplorer darts

Posted by Pineapplepies on 09 December 2015 - 10:39 AM in Darts and Barrels

Do yo u have the link for the chunlin darts? They've been taken off of amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...rts bullet head

This should work, sorry for not shorting the link to one word but I couldn't find how to do it with the new interface. So if someone knows how to make a long url show up as a single word please tell me.

#349995 Question: Will Nerf Titan shoot Demolisher Missiles?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 14 December 2015 - 02:01 PM in Modifications

I don't have a Titan or a Demolisher, but I was hoping if someone could tell me whether or not a Titan would be able to shoot the new missiles that come with the Demolisher or the Thunderblast.

much appreciated.

It cannot shoot Demolisher rockets, but if you put a simple Cpvc barrel with duck tape wrapped on the outside it can. Only problem is that I have experienced Titan barrels not wanting to unscrew before, which would lead to it being harder to rebarrel it to shoot elites/missiles.

#350716 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 January 2016 - 10:00 PM in Darts and Barrels

Cool, I have these too and was considering cutting them down and doing the same you did but just didn't. Also, I disagree that these hurt more than slugs, but I am not stating that it isn't possible that they can hurt more. Finally, although it doesn't matter too much, most people including me refer to them as either ACC darts, accurates, or Chunlin darts(after the seller on amazon were originally found) and while I don't mean annoying about it but it may help some to know what exactly these are called or at least have a name for these.

http://www.amazon.co...rts bullet head(where I bought mine)

#350806 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 16 January 2016 - 12:15 PM in Modifications

So some of you may or may not of seen the topic that I posted about my Demolisher not reving as a result of putting trustfires in with regular double A's, and in the end I am forced to buy new batteries. I am wondering, for anyone who uses double A replacement batteries, what would you recommend:Trustfire or ultrafire or IMR? Along with that, does it matter if they are protected? And finally, what charger would you recommend for your favored battery?

#350830 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:33 PM in Modifications

Is this a normal unmodded demolisher, or doesn't have just basic mods (lock removal, etc)?
Mixing batteryou brands and types is never good, mixing trustfire and generic AA could have damaged your motors.
So the question is, does it still rev if you use just generic AA batteries?

Yeah, I know it is not good to mix batteries, I already had a topic about that. Also, Yes, it does still work just fine.

#350831 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:35 PM in Modifications

IMRs are good. If used with stock motors use no more than two. Use "dummy batteries" like these, not more AA batteries to fill the other spots.

NIMH  rechargeables like Eneloops are also good. With stock motors you can use four.

Trustfires and Ultrafires are horrible and may explode on you and/or burn your house down.

Well why do you think I got the protected ones? Along with that, could you link a charger for the IMR's if there is any?

#350832 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:44 PM in Modifications

No matter what, a full rewire (or even full internal upgrade including microswitches and a lipo connector) will be complimentary or even required.

Ok, but the only problem is that I don't know where to get the wire for rewiring my Demolisher. I also have not attempted anything like that so if you can tell me where I can find a tutorial on how to rewire and remove locks like the thermoresister that would be great since I don't want to end up blowing my self up when I severe the wrong wire.

#350833 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:57 PM in Darts and Barrels

This looks pretty appealing beyond the black foam color.

I know where to find things like with with different colors, only problem is that they are plastic tipped but if you are fine with that here they are. http://www.ebay.com/...a0AAOSw3ydV3LHt

#350843 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 10:05 AM in Darts and Barrels

I have seen both of these on Amazon, and they appear to have solid rubber heads. Not as squishy as these black ones, but still better than FVJs.
http://www.amazon.co...019PIYYRW?psc=1
http://www.amazon.co...VNZRTYW8DEGY2H4

In no way do I mean to be a jerk or rude to you, but I would recommend to get those off of eBay by searching nerf darts bullet head and scrolling down. The price of them gets down to about $4 for 100 and that is about three times less than the ones on Amazon.http://www.ebay.com/...a0AAOSw3ydV3LHt

#350844 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 10:09 AM in Darts and Barrels

Those are FVJs, a different kind of dart. They are good as well but not really as good for shooting from heavily modded blasters or homemades.

Yeah, I know they are like Fvjs. I was pointing out if you want a aerodynamic dart and need to fire it out of high powered thing then those are the darts to go with, along with them being more brightly colored.

#350846 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 10:20 AM in Darts and Barrels

Oh, ok. So are those better than the china darts? I would think they would be lighter but I haven't weighed them so I'm not sure. I may order some if someone's tested them in the same way as these to make sure they fire from hoppers from homemades as straight as regular Stefans.

Yeah, in a way they are, Walcoms7 did a video on them and I believe they have equal if not more weight(since they head has more volume) They lowest price I have found them for is around the same of the lowest you can find Fvj's for, so these may be a alternative.(Walcoms7's review is on YouTube, look under videos and it should be near the top, although the ones he reviewed were the ones on Amazon. They still are the same dart though)

Edit:Sorry, I didn't read what you said about them firing straight out of a gun until now. Walcom did fire them out of a Longstrike with a Berzerker tank in his review and I believe they fired well.

#350858 Possible indoor chicagoland or milwaukee area?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 04:44 PM in Nerf Wars

if you are talking around Northbrook or Glenview(or an 1 hour or so drive) then yeah.

#350860 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 04:59 PM in Modifications

Good demolisher rewire tutorial: https://www.youtube....h?v=fsj_G2gGxoc

Never rewire while a battery is attached. Follow that rule, and cuttin g a wire will never result in things blowing up.

After a rewire, always test with normal AA batteries first. If they heat up or act weird, you have a short (which would be bad with the various lithium batteries). If everything seems good, then put in your NiMH'lithium/whatever batteries.

"protected" trustfires

Wait so should I not be using the trustfires, or was that just a result of overcharging which is something I am in fact aware of.

#350897 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 19 January 2016 - 08:00 AM in Darts and Barrels

Looks like the VTNs are lighter so they may not work as well as ACCs out of high velocity blasters, but no way to know for sure but to try.

One thing the ACCs have going is it seems like they have a short stem. This means that a) most of the weight is in the actual tip (better for flight stability) and B) they will bend easier when going through a hopper.

Again, not trying to be rude but above I said Walcoms7 on YouTube did do a review on this type of dart and it worked fine out of his berserk long strike, so yes they do fly as a well as a Fvj but are as aerodynamic as a ACC or bullseye(As 2ndbluesbros proposed and I liked)
Edit:If there was a comparison between the bulleyes and the cut down Fvn darts to slugs and stefans, it would be stefans to Acc, and Fvns being a more aerodynamic slug

#350906 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 19 January 2016 - 01:16 PM in Darts and Barrels

Alright, fine, I'll listen to Walcom's yammering ;)

Anyway, yeah they do seem lo launch well in his video. I would still want to actually see how they fly over long distances, and out of a homemade springer. For instance do they seem to "float" after a while, do they suddenly drop, or do they maintain their velocity nicely like well made hot-glue domes with heavy weights?

Which darts are you talking about, Fvn or bullseyes/ACCs? If you are talking about the darts this post is about, Acc darts, then they fly very straight for the most part. Along with that, these are the most accurate and farthest flying darts I have when fired out of a Titan too so that answers the high powered blaster question.

#351031 Tek 6 spring fitting in nerf guns?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 January 2016 - 12:59 PM in Modifications

I would like to start by saying that I only have so much time to wait for a response, but wanted to ask if anyone knows the nerf guns that the spring of a tek 6 can be switched out for BESIDES the snapfire. I am looking to boost the preformence of one of my guns, and the spring of a tek 6 is actually kind of powerful.

#351096 Weird Rapidfire 20 knockoff abomination thing

Posted by Pineapplepies on 24 January 2016 - 03:28 PM in General Nerf

So I just surfing the web for nerf guns, and eventually found this. http://www.alibaba.c...858.35.1.r7NooU
Now at first I thought WHAT THE HECK IS THIS(which anyone would due to how weird this looks), but then I decided I may as well ask if anyone has any info on these type of knockoffs and wether or not I should try one out.